The Nigeria Football Federation has released the names of members of the local organizing committee for the First Lady of Nigeria Invitational Women’s Tournament (Aisha Buhari Cup) that the country will host in September 2021.
NFF’s 1st Vice President, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi, is Chairman of the Committee, which has, among other terms of reference, been saddled with the responsibility of organizing a befitting tournament that will uphold the good name and image of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The tournament will hold 14th – 20th September in Lagos.
A nominee of the Lagos State Government will serve as Vice Chairman, and Members include Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau, Chairman of Chairmen and Member of the NFF Executive Committee. Another Member of the NFF Executive Committee and Chairman of the Nigerian Women Football League, Aisha Falode is Director of Organization, with Amina Daura, NFF’s Head of Women’s Football, as deputy director.
Hon. Ayo Hulayat Omidiran, AIG Umar Baba, Hon. Margaret Icheen, Mrs Chisom Ezeoke, Kemi Areola, Mr Ademola Olajire, Mrs Ufuoma McDermott, Ms Ese Okpomo, Yinka Olagbemiro and Kola Daniel are other members.
The Secretary is Ruth David, NFF’s Ag. Director of Competitions.
FULL LIST: Seyi Akinwunmi (Chairman); LASG Nominee (Vice-Chairman); Ibrahim Gusau (Member); Aisha Falode (Director of Organization); Amina Daura (Deputy Director of Organization); Margaret Icheen (Member); Ayo Omidiran (Member); Umar Baba (Member); Chisom Ezeoke (Member); Kemi Areola (Member); Ademola Olajire (Member); Ufuoma McDermott (Member); Ese Okpomo (Member); Yinka Olagbemiro (Member); Kola Daniel (Member); Ruth David (Secretary)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1) The Local Organizing Committee shall be saddled with the responsibility of organizing a befitting tournament that will uphold the good name and image of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2) The Committee shall liaise with the Lagos State Government with a view to ascertaining the readiness of all facilities and equipment for the Tournament, and to advise in good time where necessary for upgrading and renewal of such facilities/equipment.
3) The Committee shall work in tandem with the Lagos State Government with a view to determining and ascertaining the materials, implements, instruments and accoutrements that are needed in the areas of
transportation, accommodation, security, medical, stadium preparation, information technology, protocol and ceremonial, and other organizational areas.
4) The Committee will have a responsibility to liaise with NFF’s Partners, Sponsors and Supporters, and other interested corporate entities, with a view to sourcing funds for the successful organization of the tournament.
5) The Committee will have a responsibility to establish contact with the other participating countries/teams with a view to managing seamless travel and other logistic arrangements for all delegations.
6) The Committee shall liaise with the Referees Committee of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) with a view to ensuring the appointment of the very best/most credible referees to officiate at the tournament.
7) The Committee should seek the approval of the NFF President through the NFF General Secretary on sensitive issues. Also, the NFF shall intervene when breaches of any kind are observed.